Photosculpt Textures 2 is out!
Sunday, October 30, 2011 at 1:34PM
And it's an amazing release! A lot more faster, more precise, more productive than v1. I hope you'll like it as much as I do!
What is this?
- Photosculpt Textures is a new innovative software that creates photorealistic 3D objects or 3D textures from two photos.
- Its key feature is its binocular vision algorithm. This feature extracts superb depth detail automatically and easily.
If you haven't tried v1 yet, then v2 is definitely worth a try now as it's more fun than ever!
Download the 30 day trial now and start creating 3D objects or seamless tileable 3D textures now using either the included 10 photo samples or the new 30+ hi-res photo sample gallery now available on our web site.
This new update is a must-have upgrade for current users and an essential creative tool for any 3D artist!
- About twice faster sculpting
- Fully multithreaded
- Perspective corrected 3D models
- Invisible seamless tiling of 3D textures (beta *)
- 2 lasso crop tools
- 2 batch tools to process all photos in a directory in one command (beta *)
- .PLY export a sculpt-ready color 3D format
- Better photo matching editor for less optimal shooting conditions (beta *)
- EXIF autorotate of photos (only available for compliant cameras)
- Self calibration that uses EXIF focal length (only available for compliant cameras)
- 20 new command line options (interfacing with Photoshop, 3DS Max …)
- 100% Aero interface
- A prototype mode that uses 3 photos instead of 2 (alpha *)
- Plenty of other enhancements (Standalone installer, bug fixes, reduced memory consumption, faster interface, faster boot time, faster 2D-3D switching)
Click here to read the change log
*: alpha and beta features are located in the menu/?/Laboratory section and are not available in the demo version of the software
What hasn't changed:
- Familiarizing with the software is simple and quick
- You don't need any complicated camera setup nor calibration
- Highest resolution output, same as the source image
- Shooting 2 photos is the best way to capture all depth detail of your subject
- Instantly tileable textures in one click
Pricing and availability
Photosculpt Textures 2 is available now.
This is a paid upgrade for current license holders.
If you would like to try Photosculpt out before purchasing, follow the link below to download our 30-day trial.
Purchasing a new license or an upgrade for v2 entitles you to receive all point releases of that version for free.
Article originally appeared on PhotoSculpt creates 3D models and textures from 2 photos (http://photosculpt.net/).
See website for complete article licensing information.